Whether you’re the parent of a toddler or a teenager, you know that parenting can be challenging—even overwhelming at times. Unfortunately, children don’t come with an instruction manual. And, being a parent doesn’t always mean that you automatically or instinctively know what to do.
Parent Effectiveness Training (P.E.T.) offers proven communication skills that really work. When they use these skills, parents are amazed with the dramatic improvement both in their families and in all their relationships. This program was created by award- winning psychologist and three-time Nobel Peace Prize Nominee, Dr. Thomas Gordon in 1962. A major revision of the P.E.T. program was completed in July, 2006 with up-to-date examples, new content and more.
You, too, can learn these communication and conflict resolution skills through Dr. Gordon’s P.E.T. program, taught by certified P.E.T. Instructor, Priyanka Handa Ram at SensoBaby.
P.E.T. at SensoBaby-4How You and Your Family Will Benefit
- Your children will feel free to discuss their problems and concerns with you instead of withdrawing.
- They will learn self-discipline, self-control and an inner sense of personal responsibility.
- You will learn how to work with each other instead of against each other.
- You’ll experience fewer angry outbursts and more problem-solving.
- Everyone can participate in rule-setting so all will feel motivated to comply with the rules.
- Fewer power struggles—less tension, less resentment, more fun, more peace, more love.
What You Will Learn
- How to talk to your children so that they will listen to you.
- How to listen to your children so they feel genuinely understood.
- How to resolve conflicts and problems in your family so that no one loses and problems stay solved.
- A method for troubleshooting family problems and knowing which skills to use to solve them.
- Understanding Your Relationships
- Learning The Helping Skills
- Communicating To Meet Your Needs
- Evaluating Your Experiences
- Resolving Conflicts
- Preventing Problems
- Handling Values Collisions
- Evaluating Your Experience
How the Program Works
This intensive, proven program is taught only by instructors certified by Gordon Training International. The P.E.T. class consists of brief lectures, demonstrations, workbook exercises, roleplaying, some homework and small group discussion.
Each class participant will receive a set of P.E.T. materials which includes the 30th anniversary edition of the P.E.T. book, a P.E.T. Workbook, a Participant Certificate and a copy of Dr. Gordon’s Credo.
The course is being offered in six sessions over three weeks on Wednesday and Friday mornings as follows:
- Wednesday 15 February 2017 from 8am – 12pm
- Friday 17 February 2017 from 8am – 12pm
- Wednesday 22 February 2017 from 8am – 12pm
- Friday 24 February 2017 from 8am – 12pm
- Wednesday 1 March 2017 from 8am – 12pm
- Friday 3 March 2017 from 8am – 12pm
Registration fee: P2500 which includes the best-selling book Parent Effectiveness Training by Dr. Thomas Gordon, a comprehensive workbook, access to an ongoing support community, and many other tools.
To register, contact Priyanka on 72929292 or email us now.